Shapewear is used to help you maintain a certain figure with specific clothing you'd like to wear, and as with any fashion trend, certain styles tend to complement one another better than others. Getting the best out of any wardrobe is about paring things that complement one another and shapewear is no different.
Pairing clothing with the ideal shapewear is like pairing good food with great wine: it's good to know which wine enhances the flavours of the meal.
Read on to find the perfect clothing-shapewear match!
You say jeans; we say butt lift jeans! If you need to spice up your everyday favourite pair of denim, wearing shaping panties is great for slimming your thighs and flattening your stubborn belly. If the shapewear for jeans also enhances the bum, the better!
Depending on the jeans style, choose low-waist or high-waist shaping briefs to smooth your muffin top and hips instantly. Full-leg body shapers can work well for skinny jeans; they must end above the ankle.
Just like casual wear, workwear needs a good foundation, too. You want to feel confident at work by looking and feeling your best. Don't underestimate what shapewear for officewear can do for your figure.
- A great pair of everyday shaping panties and thigh slimmers complements your work trousers. Choose thigh slimmers for tight-fitting pants that cling to your legs.
- Shaping camis work well to smooth the upper body under any top or blouse that you can layer up with a cardigan, sweater or jacket. Choose an open-bust design for a customised bra fit.
- An excellent choice for everyday workwear, waist trainers provide adequate support for your posture and back while slimming the waistline. Opt for a comfortable style that you can wear for long hours.
- Shaping slips fit the best underneath skirts and dresses, slimming the waist and toning the hip, thigh and bum areas.
If you love wearing dresses, a flattering choice can become even more attractive with well-suited shapewear underneath. There is a dress shape and style for every woman, and so is shapewear for dresses.
- A-line or fit-and-flare dress. This classic style suits most bodies and often requires minimal shapewear. But if you must, you can't go wrong with classic shaping briefs or shorts, preferably high-waisted.
- Maxi dress. Although the length is more forgiving, wearing a full bodysuit or shaping panties with extended pantyhose keeps your entire body smooth and shapely.
- Bodycon or fitted dress. Here shapewear is essential to eliminate unsightly lines, bulging and creases. Choose a bodysuit or a full slip, preferably with a built-in bra.
- Strapless dress. Shop for a strapless bodysuit or slip, and pay attention that the chosen neckline matches the neckline of your dress.
- Sheer or semi-sheer dress. Transparency can be tricky. Look out for style as well as comfort. A slip skirt is an ideal choice for semi-sheer garments.
- Low backs and plunging necklines. Rock low-cut dresses with specific shapewear designed to work around the tricky areas. Look out for plunging bodysuits and slips, and don't forget to wear convertible and adhesive bras that enhance the bust.
Whether you want to impress in a classic suit, a cocktail dress, a flowy gown or a timeless LBD (little black dress), shapewear for eveningwear is a must-have. A shaping bodysuit flattens imperfections, smooths the skin and highlights or adds curves where it counts.
Shaping your outfit
Opt for stylish and glamourous shapewear with built-in bra support or customised bra fit if you are sporting beautiful lace and sheer fabrics. Your bodysuit should double as a second skin.
Go on; you deserve it!
Shapewear Shop is the one-stop online store for Shapewear in South Africa. Browse through a wide selection of styles, colours and sizes to find your ideal fit.